08 September 2007

I'm ba-ack!

You may not have known I was gone, but my internet decided to quit at some point on Thursday and would not come back for anything! I was very unhappy. I tried Jay's suggestions, but had no luck, so I called my internet provider (who shall remain unnamed to protect the not-so-innocent employee named later in this post) to see if they could help. They couldn't, so they set me up for a service call today. It was one of those super-fun "anywhere from 4 to 8" kind of things. But much to my surprise and delight (yes, I said delight) Chris called at 3:50 to make sure I was home and to tell me he was on his way. He arrived at 4:04 and set to checking my connections. He determined it was something outside and disappeared for about 10 minutes. When he got back he explained that when the company sets you up for internet, they use a device that prevents you from getting anything you didn't pay for, such as TV or Phone service that they offer. Sometimes this device can malfunction, causing you to lose even the service for which you *did* pay. So Chris just removed the device. He informed me that if I want to, I should be able to pick up basically all channels that they offer. Wow....too bad I don't have a TV, cuz I just got HOOKED UP! :) Oh well.
Anyway, I won't keep you in suspense any longer. Doug did show up on Tuesday and brought with him this incredibly comfortable chair! And I have to admit, hauling it up 3 flights of stairs was not as bad as I anticipated! It's nice to have a little bit of furniture!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Justin Richardson said...

sell the chair, and get a t.v. now there's some sound advice. looks comfy though

08 September, 2007 16:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should probably buy a flat panel HDTV, at least 42 inch, just so you can enjoy the cable! Plus then when I come down there I can ooo and ahhh over it!

08 September, 2007 21:58  
Blogger Brenda Walker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

08 September, 2007 22:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree you should buy a tv and then you could get tv and then we could have a sweet tv when you get here. Hey nice place.

08 September, 2007 22:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that you should skip all the tv buying and just come home

08 September, 2007 22:43  
Blogger Kayla said...

Nice chair. When our internet went out I had to call the service provider guy and it was hard to take him seriously because he sounded just like Don Miller... the writer, not the singer. Anyway, the new season of Lost doesn't start till February anyway, so who needs t.v. right now?

08 September, 2007 23:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home